Popp-Opens® are also called pull tabs, break opens, Nevada tickets, cherry bells, pickle cards, instant bingo and bowl games. The object of the game is to open the perforated windows on the back of the ticket and match the symbols inside the ticket to the winning combinations on the front of the ticket face or the flare card. The winning ticket is turned in for a monetary prize.
To increase the integrity of the pull tab game, Arrow was the first manufacturer to add security features that are now the industry standard. These features include the Cash Pay Out® and Win Guard® protection system
Popp-Opens Pull Tabs:
- Are easy to play
- Have high payouts = average 75% vs. a
- Are fun to play
- Are definite profits vs. a slot machine
- Have frequent winners
- Require no skill to play
Will Popp-Opens® Pull Tabs Raise Money for my Charity?
According to the most current NAFTM Annual Report, charity game operators netted nearly $1.4 billion from charitable and community activities across North America alone. Bingo and Popp-Opens pull tabs continue to be a source of financial support for charities and civic organizations such as the Multiple Sclerosis Society, the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, the American Red Cross, art museums, little league baseball teams, fire and rescue organizations, fraternal and veterans organizations, etc.
That same survey reveals that in states and provinces where pull tabs are popular, it was reported that pull tab ticket sales generated annual gross receipts in excess of $4.5 billion. This figure does not include Indian gaming and states that do not require reporting of pull tab sales! On average, bingo halls generate up to 70% of their total profit from pull tab sales.
Reasons Charities Sell Pull Tabs
- Predictable level of income and payout for the seller
- Pull tabs are perceived as a form of entertainment and add to social interaction within an establishment
- Extra money for a small investment...pull tabs cost pennies but generate big dollars
- Most pull tabs generate as much money as $200-$1,000 profit!
- Where else can you make that much money in such a short period of time?
- Those who participate in gaming are typically engaged with several games or activities - not just one!
- Consumers enjoy having a variety of gaming activities to choose from, especially within the same establishment
- Play and redemption happen very quickly for pull tabs
- People enjoy playing pull tabs in a group along with the entertainment it provides